Terms & Conditions
- This website is operated by Grosvenor Casinos Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under company number 00877080) with registered address Tor, St Cloud Way, Maidenhead SL6 8BN (“Grosvenor”). We are part of The Rank Group Plc group of companies (“Rank Group”) which operates gaming venues and digital gaming sites in Europe (including the Bella Casino, Enracha, Grosvenor Casino, Mecca Bingo and YoBingo brands).
- By using this website you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Grosvenor has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided on this website is accurate, however, this website is intended to provide general information only and is not to be relied upon for any particular purpose.
BOOKINGS, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- All bookings and entry to Grosvenor Merchant City are subject to our House Terms.
- We require the full booking cost to be paid when booking activities online, over the phone or when booking in the venue.
- FOR CANCELLATIONS OR DECREASES IN YOUR PARTY SIZE, WE ARE ABLE TO OFFER A REFUND IF WE HAVE 24 HOURS (OR MORE) NOTICE. CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS WITH LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOTICE WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND.
- For full venue hire booking, we require 2 weeks (or more) notice for cancellation. Cancellations with less than two weeks notice will not be eligible for a refund.
- We prefer you to call us by telephone if you need to cancel; cancellation requests left by voicemail cannot be guaranteed.
- Your booked time is the time from which you are charged. Please arrive 15 minutes before your booking time to make sure you get the full amount of time you have paid for. You can warm up with some drinks in our bar if you wish beforehand. Unfortunately, we will not be able to extend your booking time if you are late and you will be expected to leave your booked area at the end of your booked time. If you think you are going to be late, please give us a call and let us know.
- We reserve the right to resell your booked area if you fail to show up within the first 30 minutes of your booked time and you will not be eligible for a refund.
Grosvenor Merchant City is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week however please note management reserves the right to close the venue prior to these times without warning. If the venue needs to shut down and any paid-for bookings are in place, we will contact the person identified on the booking to offer a full refund, or have their booking moved to an alternative date of their choice (subject to availability).
1. Grosvenor Merchant City is licensed by the Local Authority to provide gaming facilities. The licence is held by Grosvenor Casinos Limited, (“Grosvenor Casinos”). Grosvenor Casinos is licensed by the Gambling Commission to operate gaming facilities in Great Britain.
2. The purpose of Grosvenor Merchant City is to provide gaming, entertainment, and refreshment for customers, within the law.
3. Grosvenor Casinos is fully committed to upholding the objectives of the Gambling Act 2005, to keep gambling fair, honest, and crime-free and to protect the young and the vulnerable.
4. Subject to the overall control of Grosvenor Casinos, Merchant City is under the control of the management appointed by Grosvenor Casinos, operating within these House Terms.
5. Grosvenor Casinos may, from time to time amend these House Terms. Any such amendments will be notified to customers by virtue of a notice displayed in Reception for a period of 14 days and by a permanent display of the revised House Terms.
6. Any questions relating to the rights, powers, or duties of Grosvenor Casinos under these House Terms shall be solely determined by Grosvenor Casinos.
7. A person in any way aggrieved by any decision made under these House Terms shall have no recourse and shall not make any claim on any grounds whatsoever.
8. Entry to Grosvenor Merchant City is confined to persons of at least 18 years of age. Grosvenor Casinos applies a “think 21” policy to comply with licensing requirements.
9. Customers may be asked to register their personal details and provide a valid photo ID to prove their age and may be refused entry if they cannot provide such proof when requested.
10. Grosvenor Casinos, in accordance with these House Terms, reserves the right to deny entry to any customer, on either a temporary or permanent basis, and shall not be bound to give any reason for that decision, which shall be final and with no recourse to an appeal.
11. Having registered at one casino operated by Grosvenor Casinos (or Grosvenor Casinos (GC) Limited or The Gaming Group Limited), a customer may then enter other casinos owned by Grosvenor Casinos, subject to any restrictions, legal or otherwise, that may be in force at the time. However, customers should be aware of the following:
- Management at each individual casino reserve the right to refuse admission;
- Cheque or debit card facilities in one casino will not automatically be available in any other; and
- A customer excluded entry from one casino may also be excluded from one or more other casinos owned by Grosvenor Casinos without any reason being given.
12. Customers whose personal attire is considered unacceptable to management may be refused entry.
13. Grosvenor Casinos cannot be held responsible for the loss of a customer’s property whilst on the premises, whether or not the property has been entrusted to the care of Grosvenor Merchant City and whether or not the loss arises through negligence or otherwise.
14. In the interest of safety, customers may be asked to offer any luggage, bags, etc. for inspection. Grosvenor Casinos reserves the right to refuse permission for any article to be taken inside the premises.
15. Other than guide dogs and other trained assistance dogs, animals are not allowed into the premises.
16. Customers who allow their registration/loyalty card to be used by any other person to gain entry may themselves be excluded from all casinos operated by Grosvenor Casinos.
17. No customer may use the name of Grosvenor Merchant City in any form of advertising whatsoever without the permission of Grosvenor Casinos.
18. Cameras or other devices for taking photographs (such as mobile phones) may not be used to take photographs inside the casino area of Grosvenor Merchant City without the permission of management.
19. For the comfort of all customers, management reserves the right to ask any customer to cease using a mobile phone if they believe it to be distracting other customers or otherwise creating a security concern.
20. No other electronic devices, whether used overtly or covertly, are allowed on the premises without the permission of management.
21. Grosvenor Casinos may share information with other casinos and appropriate third parties about criminal or dishonest acts including collusion, cheating (including obtaining an unfair advantage), fraudulent practice, or other unlawful or improper activity.
22. All customers will have their privacy respected. Unwelcome intrusions, such as seeking autographs, are forbidden.
23. Social or personal relationships formed between customers and employees are forbidden outside of the Grosvenor Casinos’ Company’s Fraternisation Policy.
24. Complaints as to the conduct of an employee may be reported to management but may not be the subject of personal reprimand by any customer.
25. Any customer who abuses or threatens either an employee of Grosvenor Casinos or any other customer may be excluded from all casinos operated by Grosvenor Casinos.
26. Only games that can be booked for play at Grosvenor Merchant City and games of chance specifically permitted by Grosvenor Casinos will be played on these premises.
27. Information on how to play these games of chance will be made available to customers.
28. Information on the house edge relating to all bankers games will be made available to customers.
29. The provision and sale of alcohol on these premises are subject to the hours and conditions applied by the appropriate Premises Licence granted by the Local Authority.
30. A customer may ask to be excluded from the casino for reasons of problem gambling and will then be excluded from all casinos owned by Grosvenor Casinos, Grosvenor Casinos (GC) Limited, and The Gaming Group Limited for a period of at least six months.
31. If despite the reasonable endeavours of Grosvenor Casinos, a self-excluded customer subsequently gains entry to any Grosvenor Casino whilst the exclusion is still in force, Grosvenor Casinos will not be liable for any losses incurred and will not be able to honour any winnings as a result.
32. Any customer funds placed on deposit via the Cash Desk (other than where deposited into your Grosvenor One Account) will not be protected in the event of insolvency and will be forfeited at the discretion of Grosvenor Casinos if not claimed within 90 days.
33. Any slot machine or electronic payment ticket that remains unredeemed and outstanding 30 days after the date of issue will be forfeited at the discretion of management.
34. Any dispute relating to the conduct of gaming will be subject to Grosvenor Casino’s disputes procedure, copies of which are available to customers in the casino.
35. Your privacy is very important to us. We do not sell or rent your personal details.
37. If you hold a Grosvenor One Account, please also be aware of the Grosvenor One Account Terms and Conditions which are available to inspect at the reception desk or online at grosvenorcasinos.com.